advisory vs transactional
Well, this week was better than last week but not by much! Another hectic week! Had to go to work today and have to go tomorrow as well since I am well and truly snowed under. Why on earth is the air conditioning so cool in the office. Everyday, within half an hour of me reaching the office, I find myself putting on a jumper, it's bloody freezing! And no, I am not the only one who shares this view. Not to mention, it's not exactly environmentally friendly is it? Save our planet! My boss is on holidays for 2 weeks so it'll be interesting to see how my next 2 weeks go. I am guessing that my work will keep piling up and I will spend more weekends in the cold...definitely NOT something to look forward to! Now I know why the majority of people prefer transactional work as opposed to advisory work. With advisory work, you find yourself spending a lot of your day answering ad hoc enquiries from clients which require research. Also, sometimes there's no right or wrong answer because as we all know, there's a lot of grey area in law. On the other hand, with transactional work, once you've done a few transactions, you can practically do them with your eyes closed. You can't really go wrong and there's not much analysing or brain work involved. However, at the end of the day, I do like and prefer advisory work because it's challenging (I always learn something) and keeps my brain cells on their toes!
.jpg)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home