public holidays
It's a long weekend this weekend but I'll have to go into work tomorrow because I've got a conference call with clients in London. I don't mind it because I never really celebrate the occasion behind the public holiday anyway. To me (and I am sure a lot of other people), it is just another day off (always welcomed). Talking about public holiday celebrations, I saw another one of those artistic/cultural presentations (always well attended by smiling VIPs) on television yesterday evening. Similar presentations are shown on television at the same time every year, how can people not get bored? Even for the VIPs, I am amazed how they can attend these presentations year in year out, sit in the front row and constantly smile at the cameras! There was a 20-minute fireworks spectacle this evening. Fireworks neither thrill nor excite me. It's literally money going up in smoke if you ask me! I don't know of anything that burns (uses up) money as quickly as fireworks.
.jpg)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home