My Photo
Name:

energetic, chocoholic, attitude, driven, genuine

Sunday, February 17, 2008

pissed off

I'm so pissed! A colleague of mine is being paid full wage to work part-time at home. What annoys me the most is that she demands that no one calls her before noon because she needs to rest and on the odd occasion that I do call her to ask a question she tells me how guilty she feels having to put her baby down to concentrate on work, what a load of bullshit! Kiss my arse! She was in for an hour late Friday and told me with a straight face that she came in especially to help me out. I knew she was lying because if she was really trying to help, she would have been in the office weeks ago, at the beginning of the project when I most needed help, not when the project has proceed past the halfway point. (I heard from another colleague afterwards that she came in because she had just had a massage in the vicinity and was waiting for her husband to finish work and give her a lift home.) And excuse me, I am the one who is helping her out doing all the leg work she should be doing, not the other way round. The main reason why this colleague of mine can afford so much leverage is because she is the only one in the office who can do that particular type of work which brings into question how the firm manages its risk. I mean, wouldn't it make common sense to train other people up for her type of work in case another firm offered her a better deal and she quits!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home