What a difference a weekend makes!
My supervisor had been away for the past two weeks and during that period, my colleague never showed up at work before 10am (official hours are 9:30am to 6pm) and on average left before 6:30pm, not to mention her extra long lunch breaks. To anyone who listened, she claimed that she can't get out of bed for a 9:30am start and that she really misses her baby daughter. What a load of bullshit!!! The first day that our supervisor was back, she showed up at work before 9am and did not leave until after 7pm. Surprise, surprise, she kept that up for 3 days out of 5 in the first week. Excuse me, didn't she say that she can't get out of bed for a 9:30am start??? I can't stand people who reap off their employers and do things for show. It is extremely unfair to those who put in the hard yards for a fair day's pay. What's more, she always uses her baby daughter as an excuse. I know for a fact that she is not the only mother in our office with a baby daughter but none of the others have used their love of their baby as an excuse. The things that come out of her mouth seem to suggest that her baby daughter is worth more than other people's babies. So what that both you and your husband are lawyers and have a combined monthly income of HK$200,000! It certainly does not mean that your baby is more precious than other people's. For goodness sake, GROW UP and stopping acting like that you should receive special treatment just because you have a baby! It may be that I have lived in Australia for too many years, but the inequality that I see and experience in my workplace has led me to question why I should work so hard for so little. I can earn alot more working less hours doing things I enjoy. I am fed up and am getting tired of work. Perhaps this is a sign that it is time for me to move on?
.jpg)

1 Comments:
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Perfume, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://perfumes-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home