car incident
An incident involving my car happened this morning in the carpark at my workplace. It was 8:55am and a red BMW was using our driveway to do a U-turn. Somehow she managed to hit my car and then left the scene without bothering to stop. My two colleagues in the front office witnessed the whole incident and alerted me. I went to my car and noticed a slight but noticable dent on the panel next to the front wheel on the passenger side. The culprit was further up the street attempting another U-turn in the middle of the street with great difficulty. I can't believe my eyes when she attempted an S park between 2 cars, luckily, she abandoned her attempt for I was certain she would have hit at least 1 more car within 5 minutes of hitting mine. I proceeded in the direction of her car and when she finally parked and got out of the car, I told her that she had hit my car and I wanted to get her details for my insurance company. She said that she wasn't aware that any damage was done to my car. I informed her that she had indeed damaged my car. I asked if her car was insured and she said that she doesn't know as it's not her car. I then asked if she was licenced and she answered in th affirmative. She provided me her contact details while a colleague took digital images of the damage to my car. My colleagues told me that workmen next door to our office also witnessed the incident so I went next door and obtained their contact details as witnesses. I didn't bother calling my mum as I didn't want her to freak out so I waited until I got home at which time I also made a claim with my insurance company over the telephone. They told me that I would have to get a quote from at least 1 smash repair/body work. Then I'd have to attend the insurance company's own assessment centre before they will approve my claim. After that, I guess I would have to make a booking to get my car fixed. Geez, how long is this process and how long would my car be in repairs? Given that it is our only car, how inconvenient is it going to be for us to go without our "legs" for a few days! Look at the price (in time and inconvenience) that my family and I are going to have to pay just because of your carelessness and incompetence behind the wheel! Thanks a lot, NOT!
.jpg)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home